Teaming With Titan
HOW IT WORKS
WHY IS THIS LEGISLATION SIGNIFICANT?
- Out of the 194,232 Small Businesses of Concern registered in SAM.gov only 2.8% are HUBZone qualified companies.
- It helps employ more workers within historically underutilized business zones and economic growth in the region.
- It aids contracting officers in meeting the government’s statutory goals through sole-source set-asides for contracts awarded to Small Business of Concerns.
On June 11, 1998, the HUBZone program was created to provide federal contracting assistance for qualified Small Business of Concerns (SBCs) located in historically underutilized business zones in an effort to increase employment opportunities, investment, and economic development in these areas.
Titan is a SBA certified HUBZone Business.
A federal contracting officer can issue two contract types competitive set-aside or sole-source set-aside.
- When at least two small businesses could perform the work.
- The government sets aside the contract exclusively for small businesses.
- This happens automatically for all government contracts under $150,000.
- The business is “responsible” with respect to performance of the contract,
- The contracting officer estimates the contract price will be fair and reasonable.
- The contracting officers finds limited amount HUBZone companies can fulfill the contract requirements.
As an SBA certified HUBZone and an SBA recognized EDWOSB, Titan Associates Group’s staff and principles have on average over 15 years’ experience with Department of Defense (DoD) contracts, this gives Titan a competitive edge and alternate avenues of competing for Federal contract over traditional procurement options.