Teaming With Titan
HOW IT WORKS
WHY IS THIS LEGISLATION SIGNIFICANT?
Women own more than 25% of U.S. businesses, but yet are awarded less than 5% of government contracts.
- In today’s world women-entrepreneurs are entering markets a and increased rate than a decade ago.
- This helps EDWOSBs, like Titan Associates Group, increase federal contracting opportunities.
- It helps employ more American workers in American towns and communities.
- It aids contracting officers in meeting the government’s statutory goals for contracts awarded to Woman-Owned Small Businesses and Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Businesses.
On December 14, 2014, President Obama signed into law the FY2015 National Defense Authorization Act. Section 825 of the House Amendment S.1847 to the Act gives federal contracting officers more options for contracting acquisitions by giving them authority to Sole Source Contracts for Woman Owned Small Businesses (WOSB) and Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Businesses (EDWOSB) and Titan Associates Group is just such a company.
Titan is a third-party certified SBA recognized Economically-Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business.
A federal contracting officer can award a sole source contract to an EDWOSB if:
- The business is “responsible” with respect to performance of the contract,
- The contracting officer does not have a reasonable expectation that 2 or more businesses will submit offers,
- The anticipated award price of the contract (including options) will not exceed: $6.5 million (under a standard manufacturing industrial classification code), $4.0 million (under all other industrial classification codes), and
- The contracting officer estimates the contract price will be fair and reasonable.
As a certified EDWOSB Titan Associates Group with staff that have over 15 years in performing Department of Defense (DoD) contracts gives Titan a competitive edge and alternate avenues of competing for Federal contract than traditional procurement options. Please download our Teaming with Titan flyer for more information and some statistics related to Federal contracting utilizing